Skip to main content

Email tip: Unsubscribe Me

I don’t know about you, but I receive way more email than I like. This past weekend, I realized that about 20 percent of it comes from email newsletters & companies I’ve membership account with in the past. Half of it, I don’t recall opting into—even legitimate companies. Most of it is a complete waste of my time. Worse, much of it is downright annoying.

These messages are not exactly spam, so my spam blocker doesn’t filter them out. So, in the past, I have simply deleted these unwanted messages as I receive them. But as the volume has increased, I have decided I must get more aggressive. I am now scrolling to the end of each message & clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link. Sure it takes a few more seconds, but it is far more satisfying than merely hitting the delete key. Hopefully, I will only have to do this once & thereby incrementally reduce the clutter in my life. I am looking forward to a leaner, meaner inbox!
Source: www.michaelhyatt.com

Popular posts from this blog

Roko mat Toko mat

Bachpan se bada koi school nahi, curiosity se badi koi teacher nahi.
There is no greater school than childhood and no greater teacher than curiosity.

Parle G(the largest selling brand of biscuits in the world) asks parents to encourage their child's curiosity and creativity in its campaign called 'Kal ke genius'. While the song has an '80s feel, it is the soul of the film and is written, sung and composed very well. The song aptly encapsulates the philosophy of the campaign. It is urging people to let their kids be just kids and let them explore if they are curious.

Parle-G's Glucose biscuits always evoke a sense of nostalgia. The ad in a nice way talks about the increasing parental control and societal pressures that make kids these days spend more time in study classes than learning through exploring new things. Curiosity is actually the best teacher. Unfortunately, it is just the kind of a thing which parents often discourage. In fact, we keep stopping children fro…

Wedding Cum Reception Card

Hi Everybody,
Well somedays back I got a request from one of my friend that I should make the invitation card for his wedding cum reception. Well I was shocked to know that my friends perceive that I am a designer too. I am quite thankful for this perception of you all people but I feel sorry to say that I don't have any designing skills. So I just finalised with him that I am ready to write the content for your card but not the design,& thank God he agreed, as according to him I have a good content writing skills. So I just wanted to verify from you people that whatever I have written is perfect enough for him. As he is my one of good friends so I don't want any problems with it. So please help me to make it a success. And pls. do not copy it for any of your friends as I have already patented it from USA PATENT CO.

AKASH Weds VANI
Venue: All India Radio Station.
Special Attraction: This is a Marriage.
Instruction Manual: Do read before coming.
1. We request you to please come,p…

I'm Deepak Ravlani, and This Is How I Work

Like so many heroes of the startup world, I started early after college. Now, with years of experience in Technology behind me, it has become a lot easier to polish my workflow and get lots of stuff done. Let's talk about my workspace setup, go-to apps, best life hacks, favorite gadgets and tunes. In my free time, I work on a few side projects, including Blogging and managing several communities over Google+. Since launching in Dec 2012, +Project Glass community has become one of the fastest growing community. With  more than 2500(and counting) users and a thriving community of Glass fans, needless to say, the past few months have been crazy for me. Last time I went through this, it was 2008. I was using different apps, but did have sort of productivity system that really helped me get things done. In last few years, I've picked up a few tips and tricks along the way and I've been making some small changes here and there as I get more comfortable with my flow, So this time…

Next big thing for Smartphone's: Seeing And Understanding

A Smartphone would be able to see and understand its environment with the help of Perceptual Computing And Vision Processing.

Project Tango, an attempt to give mobile devices human-like understanding of space and motion by +Google ATAP(Advanced Technology And Projects).

Computer vision is a rich field of academic, commercial and industrial research, the implications of which extend tendrils into virtually every aspect of our lives. Anticipating needs before they arise, and understanding needs that a person might not even be aware they have, make up the broader blue sky opportunities for a tech like this.

Perceptual computing encompasses the whole field of analyzing data captured with sensors and visualization systems like cameras and infrared light. Computer vision is one component of the field, which allows devices to ‘see’ the areas around it more like a human does — or better. Getting 3D sensing onto phones, and spatial and topographic contextual awareness is table stakes for the n…

Google's Augmented Reality Glass: Project Glass

After months of speculation, Google revealed some information(on April 4th, 2012 to be specific)
about the Project Glass. Instead of using a smartphone to find information about an object, translate a text, get directions, compare prices, you can use smart glasses that augment the reality and help you understand more about things around you. Google says "We think technology should work for you—to be there when you need it and get out of your way when you don't. A group of us from Google[x] started Project Glass to build this kind of technology, one that helps you explore and share your world, putting you back in the moment".

Since, it has been more than a week, I had a good chance to read and analyze most of the views several Tech blogs and experts shared about this project. Here are few more details, about Project Glass and with whom my opinion synced well.

Google's concept glasses have a: a) Camera,
b) Microphone,
c) 3G/4G data connection (to send and receive data in rea…